In the wake of the #MeToo movement, new anti-harassment laws have been passed in several states.
- Illinois: The Workplace Transparency Act (SB 75) requires that all Illinois employers must train new employees (including short-term and part-time employees and interns) within the first 90 days of employment. Training must be offered on an annual basis.
- Connecticut: Employers must train supervisors on sexual harassment prevention within six months of that employee assuming a supervisory role. Additionally, employers must provide periodic training not less than every ten years.
- New York City: Organizations with 15 or more employees must train their employees under the “Stop Sexual Harassment in NYC Act,” which states that employers must train all employees annually.
- Delaware: All new employees and supervisors must be trained within one year of being hired and then every two years. Supervisors must receive additional training on their responsibilities to prevent and correct sexual harassment and must be retrained every two years.
- New York State: Employers must train employees in sexual harassment prevention as soon as possible after their start date, and annually thereafter.
- Maine: Employers with 15 or more employees provide sexual harassment prevention training to all new employees within one year of employment. Supervisors and managers must receive additional training on their specific responsibilities within one year of their promotion or hiring.
- California: Supervisors must complete at least two hours of classroom or other interactive training on sexual harassment prevention. New supervisors must be trained within six months of assuming a supervisory position, and nonsupervisory employees must complete at least one hour of training within six months of employment. Training must occur every two years.
These requirements also apply to firms that are based in other states but with employees working in the regulated states.
Savvy Training & Consulting is excited to offer you an award-winning, interactive sexual harassment prevention training course from Traliant to keep your organization in compliance.
One of our clients recently sent us this feedback on the training video:
“Doug, I just completed the Preventing Discrimination and Harassment video – it’s honestly one of the best, if not THE best, I’ve encountered in my career.”
Contact Savvy to help you meet the requirements and topics mandated under the new state requirements. We can make training your employees both simple and affordable.
Why We Chose Traliant Training
Traliant’s innovative approach to online training covers important topics, such as sexual harassment, in a modern, engaging format. Your employees are immersed in interactive videos that let them choose alternate endings, while learning to handle difficult, real-world situations. By influencing behavior and culture, employees are trained to act ethically, speak up, prevent harassment and discrimination, and promote a positive, respectful workplace.
Key Features of Traliant’s Industry-Leading Training
- Complies with Federal and State Regulations
- Easy to rollout and includes setup and support
- Completion certificates and audit-ready reporting
- Available in English and Spanish
- Can be upgraded for a customized feel with the addition of your logo and policy
If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact Savvy to learn more.