As a trainer serving a law firm, you have cascading levels of knowledge that you must personally stay ahead of and then easily and quickly share with everyone in your firm. From giant software releases to miniscule tasks like creating tables of contents in the firm’s authorized format, you must infuse everyone in your firm with the knowledge they need to work efficiently and successfully.
Most law firm trainers buy content libraries that offer an easily accessible knowledge base to their firm. This content should not only offer learning materials for every software rollout and update, but also contain the firm-approved protocols for work products. Such an expansive, thorough, continuously updated content library will not only help to indoctrinate new hires in the “firm way,” but will enable trainers to keep seasoned attorneys and staff moving forward through every question that they may ask.
So, before you go shopping for the perfect content library for your firm, you should make a shopping list of your must-haves.
Let’s list the top 6 things you should expect in your training content, shall we?
- Law-firm specific: Generic content created for corporate America likely won’t serve a law firm’s unique needs. Law firm trainers need off-the-shelf content that they don’t have to edit for legal use.
- Customizable: Once this legal-specific content is purchased by the firm, the trainer should be easily able to customize it for his or her firm’s needs. From library-wide firm branding to in-the-weeds tweaks that capture your firm’s unique processes, a trainer should be able to “make it his or her own.”
- Extensive catalog: It takes a long time to develop a law firm-specific catalog that captures every task, protocol and upgrade that a trainer needs. The content library that you purchase should contain a huge breadth of topics and deep resources within each topic.
- Constantly updated: If you buy a content library and it remains static, likely it will become useless to you within a very short timeframe. You need to subscribe to a library that is continuously updated with new resources so that you don’t have to Google new concepts every time an attorney asks a question.
- Variety of delivery options: If the training content you buy offers information only one way – for example, quick reference guides – then your training program will be constrained to delivering answers and education using that one resource. Instead, search for a content library that includes videos, reference guides, webinars, full-blown courses, quizzes and more.
- Compatible: The content library that you choose should also be compatible with the LMS you currently use, or with the firm-wide network that you’ve developed. If a vendor is forcing you to buy their content with their LMS, then you’re being pigeon-holed into their system. It should work the other way around.
How can you possibly find one content source that checks all six of those critical “must-have” boxes? Lo and behold, I have the answer!
Savvy Training & Consulting has always offered its content — SavvySMART Content Library (SSCL) — as a stand-alone product. And SSCL is the customizable, use-it-the-way-you-want-it, continuously updated, law firm-specific content that many trainers, HR professionals and law firm managers are seeking today.
Here is how one law firm trainer described SSCL:
- “It serves as a resource for materials. When I say materials, I mean materials GALORE.”
- “Savvy was (and still is) a true legal-specific training cafeteria. If you don’t know something, watch a video and turn yourself into an expert. If you need something and it’s not there, ask them for it. You’ll get it!”
- “I find the Savvy content simple, accurate, legal-specific, concise and extremely easy to follow.”
- “I have used Savvy content here for cheat sheets, reference guides for group training sessions and have even given Savvy content to staff in response to help desk calls. I have used sample documents from the library in classroom trainings. I’ve also held short webinars utilizing some of their tips and tricks documents.”
Also, when you become a Savvy client, you gain access to our private Yammer group of law firm colleagues who share ideas and insights into the ever-changing training industry. It’s a fabulous resource that we offer to anyone who purchases a Savvy product.
We think SavvySMART is the ultimate training content.
But don’t take my word for it… here are more testimonials from SavvySMART clients …
“Our people like using the Savvy content. I’ve never received anything other than 4 or 5 stars on the feedback generator. People love finding the content they need online instead of picking up the phone. They just click and play.”
“Perhaps the most wonderful part of SavvySMART is that my help desk can send someone a quick link on specific content areas if they have a specific question. Those targeted, individualized tutorials mean that I can spend classroom time on curricula that I’ve developed for other needs in the firm.”
“I have never before experienced the type of support from any vendor that I have seen from Savvy. They love what they’re doing and it shows. You can see it in the products they produce and the way they treat their clients.”
If you are at all curious about SavvySMART, please contact me today. (Jay@SavvyTraining.com, 303-800-4568) I hope to hear from you soon!