Remember the quaint old days when your training efforts could reach everyone in the firm personally? Those were the bucolic times when you could train everyone in a classroom or one-on-one.
Today, even small firms have attorneys and staff who work from far outposts (aka “home”) or in distant offices. Our drive to keep employees who need flexibility and to compete for clients outside of our metro areas have scattered us hither and yon.
So, the challenge to trainers is this: How do you keep everyone’s skills up-to-date so that the firm can move forward as one efficient force?
The answer: a cloud-based learning management system, such as the SavvyAcademy LMS.
With a cloud-based LMS, you can do the following:
- Create learning paths that everyone can access at any time.
- Update materials for everyone with the touch of a button (rather than emailing or snail-mailing resources to each employee).
- Track who is taking courses (and who is not) and keep tabs on their success rates.
- Ensure consistency of skills across work groups or the entire firm.
- On-board new hiresfrom a distance using a pre-designed curriculum.
Imagine how much more competitive your firm will be with everyone – across their distant locations – working smoothly together for client goals.
How to Shop for an LMS
As you probably know well, there are many LMS vendors out there. However, I’ve been noticing some tricky trends in the LMS field. Namely, some vendors are trying to force law firms into systems that require significant outside administration time (versus the firm being able to manage the LMS on their own). This type of contractor relationship is expensive and inefficient. Toward that end, I thought I’d provide a few questions that you should ask any potential LMS vendor.
When you are hunting for a new LMS, be sure ask the vendor the following questions:
- Can I upload my law firm’s own users any time I want?
- Can I upload content (my own or yours) any time I want?
- If I don’t want to upload users or content, will you do it for me? (How promptly will you do this for me when I ask?)
- Can I customize content for my law firm? (Or do I need you to do it for me? How long do I have to wait for that service?)
Additionally, make sure that any LMS you consider provides the following:
- Reporting features that you can customize to your heart’s content
- Tracking features that give you firm-wide or individual user data
- Administrative tools that allow you to create “just-in-time” trainings, classroom-based trainings, learning paths for frequent trainings (such as new-hire orientations), and more
- Law-firm specific content as part of your subscription, with regular updates
- Flexible pricing (pay by the number of users, not by the number of people in your firm)
Now, why would you consider SavvyAcademy LMS? Simple: it offers all of the flexibility, support and continuous updates that you may expect from big, expensive systems at a fraction of the cost. And we support you better than anyone else.
Among many other benefits, SavvyAcademy offers:
- Both a state-of-the-art, intuitive delivery system as well as rich, continuously updated content – at an affordable price. Prior to now, clients had to purchase an LMS and the content separately and usually they paid a very high cost for both.
- Off-site hosting and 24/7/365 support provided by Savvy Training & Consulting.
- Trackable, reportable data down to each individual user.
- Access to a social network of subscribers who continuously discuss challenges, ideas and successes that they are facing in their firms.
- Complete control and customization opportunities for trainers and administrators who need to tailor their continuing education to individual attorneys, from new hires to seasoned legal eagles.
- SavvyAcademy includes the entire SavvySMART Content Library: hundreds of training modules, e-learning videos and tutorials, mini-lessons, interactive quizzes, software rollout kits, classroom materials, post-training materials, and hundreds of recorded webinars.
Additionally, we pride ourselves on the relationships that we build and maintain with our customers. Allow me to share just a few comments from our LMS customers:
Teresa H. Beatty, Training and Development Manager, Kaufman & Canoles, P.C.
- “I have never before experienced the type of support from any vendor that I have seen from Savvy. They love what they’re doing and it shows. You can see it in the products they produce and the way they treat their clients.”
- “I love the certificates. We can customize the Savvy certificate to our firm. Little things like that make the Savvy LMS special.”
Brad Crook, Director of Information Technology, Moye White, LLP
- “I would definitely recommend Savvy, not just because they have a good LMS, but because they are extremely flexible and responsive. I’m the IT director and I manage the firm’s technology training on our various software systems. It was great to just call Savvy Training up and have them implement a training program under my direction. Doug’s a great organizer. This has worked out great for us.”
- “Savvy has been huge. They were instrumental in helping us make this culture change. We had been talking about doing this for a long time but we didn’t know how to start. Savvy has made it happen. I can’t say enough about Doug and also Terry, who is amazing and brilliant.”
- “I would recommend SavvyAcademy LMS to firms wanting to provide educational opportunities for improvement of the skills of their staff and attorneys, thus providing better service to clients. Savvy’s quick response to questions and issues helps keep us from wasting valuable time. Their willingness to update and improve the LMS is a daily task they provide and there is continuous communication between Savvy and LMS administrators.”
- “I don’t ever have to worry about finding training content for new versions of software. Savvy is always uploading new content into the library. It literally saves us time and money to have SavvyAcademy LMS.”
- “Often times, a firm can spend a lot of money bringing in an outside trainer, but Savvy has everything we need, from training materials to learner-guided materials, including quick start guides, videos, exams, etc.”
- “The price is right, but Doug and Terry are the reasons why we chose SavvyAcademy and never looked back. Of all the software rollouts I’ve ever done, this was the smoothest. They held our hands through the entire process.”
Theresa Evans, Director of Human Resources, Whiteford Taylor Preston
Linda Jones, Trainer, Mitchell, Williams, Selig, Gates & Woodyard, P.L.L.C.
Tammie McQuain, Executive Director, Morris Polich & Purdy
Would you like a pressure-free demo of the SavvyAcademy LMS? Contact me today: Jay@SavvyTraining.com or 303-800-4568