Would you buy a cable service that chooses shows for you instead of letting you surf for your own programming? Would you purchase a cell phone that only allowed you to store contacts if you called customer service first? Would you buy a computer that wouldn’t allow you to customize your usage preferences (ie. only one email provider option or forced internet access through only one platform)?
Not only no, but H.E.L.L. no, right?!
Well, why would you subscribe to a learning management system (LMS) that doesn’t give you access to robust administrator tools, easily customized learning content, the ability to upload and store your own content and users, and stellar customer service for those times you need it?
You wouldn’t. Or shouldn’t.
When you are hunting for a new LMS, be sure ask the vendor the following questions:
- Can I upload my law firm’s own users any time I want?
- Can I upload content (my own or yours) any time I want?
- If I don’t want to upload users or content, will you do it for me? (How promptly will you do this for me when I ask?)
- Can I customize content for my law firm? (Or do I need you to do it for me? How long do I have to wait for that service?)
In a nutshell, the LMS you purchase should give you the reigns. And you should have the ability to manipulate and customize it for your firm’s specific training needs. However, you should also have easy access to customer service reps who will provide quick, pleasant assistance when you need it, including help launching the LMS, as well as day-to-day problem-solving and customization.
But wait, there’s more!
Additionally, your LMS should provide the following for administrators:
- Ability to upload your own content and resources
- Enhanced dashboard to monitor usage
- Reporting features that you can customize to your heart’s content, including scheduled and ad-hoc reporting
- Tracking features that give you firm-wide or individual user data
- Administrative tools that allow you to create “just-in-time” trainings, classroom-based trainings, learning paths for frequent trainings (such as new-hire orientations), and more
- Law-firm specific content as part of your subscription, with regular updates
- Flexible pricing (pay by the number of users, not by the number of people in your firm)
- Gamification capabilities
- Promotional banners
- Customer support included as part of your contract
For your learners, the LMS should offer…
- Clean, device-friendly interface
- Easily navigated training dashboard
- Downloadable course history
- Searchable catalog
- Automated reminders for course due dates or live training sessions
- Searchable resource database
If you think this sounds too good to be true, read on…
The SavvyAcademy LMS provides all of the above flexibility, customization and service. Additionally, we pride ourselves on the relationships that we build and maintain with our customers. Allow me to share just a few comments from our LMS customers:
Teresa H. Beatty, Training and Development Manager, Kaufman & Canoles, P.C.
- “I have never before experienced the type of support from any vendor that I have seen from Savvy. They love what they’re doing and it shows. You can see it in the products they produce and the way they treat their clients.”
- “I love the certificates. We can customize the Savvy certificate to our firm. Little things like that make the Savvy LMS special.”
Brad Crook, Director of Information Technology, Moye White, LLP
- “I would definitely recommend Savvy, not just because they have a good LMS, but because they are extremely flexible and responsive. I’m the IT director and I manage the firm’s technology training on our various software systems. It was great to just call Savvy Training up and have them implement a training program under my direction. Doug’s a great organizer. This has worked out great for us.”
- “Savvy has been huge. They were instrumental in helping us make this culture change. We had been talking about doing this for a long time but we didn’t know how to start. Savvy has made it happen. I can’t say enough about Doug and also Terry, who is amazing and brilliant.”
- “I would recommend SavvyAcademy LMS to firms wanting to provide educational opportunities for improvement of the skills of their staff and attorneys, thus providing better service to clients. Savvy’s quick response to questions and issues helps keep us from wasting valuable time. Their willingness to update and improve the LMS is a daily task they provide and there is continuous communication between Savvy and LMS administrators.”
- “I don’t ever have to worry about finding training content for new versions of software. Savvy is always uploading new content into the library. It literally saves us time and money to have SavvyAcademy LMS.”
- “Often times, a firm can spend a lot of money bringing in an outside trainer, but Savvy has everything we need, from training materials to learner-guided materials, including quick start guides, videos, exams, etc.”
- “The price is right, but Doug and Terry are the reasons why we chose SavvyAcademy and never looked back. Of all the software rollouts I’ve ever done, this was the smoothest. They held our hands through the entire process.”
Theresa Evans, Director of Human Resources, Whiteford Taylor Preston
Linda Jones, Trainer, Mitchell, Williams, Selig, Gates & Woodyard, P.L.L.C.
Tammie McQuain, Executive Director, Morris Polich & Purdy
If you’d like a free demo of the SavvyAcademy LMS, contact me today!