Let me tell you a story about a beleaguered HR professional who recently called me about doing a compliance training for her law firm. She works at a firm of 350 people but there is only one HR person (her) and one IT director to manage all of the firm’s HR and IT needs. That’s it. Two people.
The HR person (let’s call her Rachel) reached out to me because she knew that we do harassment trainings, but she asked for a PowerPoint presentation. Always one to listen to my customers, I told her I could absolutely provide her with a PowerPoint presentation on harassment, but I asked her a few more questions. As it turned out, there was no way that she could have given a PowerPoint presentation to her entire firm… she would have had to clone herself multiple times and would have had to hold many, many sessions just to make sure she got everybody into a classroom.
The very idea overwhelmed her. (How would she get all of her other work done?) Yet she needed an affordable way to distribute this training efficiently.
I told her about the SavvyAcademy LMS and the Vado compliance training content. Her immediate reaction was, “We can’t afford that.” Then I explained how the pricing works and how it would manage all of her trainings for her, and she started to think, “This is perfect!”
Let me explain…
Since Rachel’s primary goal was to provide harassment training to her law firm, I shared what we could offer through our partnership with Vado. They have a series of courses titled, “Preventing Harassment and Discrimination” and I’ve only received rave reviews from firms that implement the trainings.
Rave reviews on compliance trainings? Is Hell freezing over? Usually the words associated with compliance training include “boring” and “outdated.” Vado is different. Their courses have been called “super cool” by learners because they include:
- Quick Learning Modules: These 5- to 8-minute modules can be completed in any order the learner chooses
- Interactivity: Each module ends with a game in which the learner earns points
- Real-world examples: Scenarios with alternative endings
I also told Rachel that the courses are easily customizable.
- Use your logo
- Include a picture of your office as a background in the course
- Customize the “Viewer Mailbag” questions to include issues unique to your office environment
- Customize the “News Crawl” at the bottom of the screen
- Import your own CEO video
- Customize the quiz questions
Delivery of Compliance Training Content Through an LMS
Then, of course, Rachel needed help delivering the trainings to each and every person in her firm. I suggested the SavvyAcademy LMS. More affordable than most other learning management systems, SavvyAcademy LMS also gave Rachel the ability to:
- Push the trainings out to individual users so that they could view the material whenever they chose
- Track those who were progressing through the trainings and those who weren’t
- Send regular communications to learners (especially those dragging their feet)
- Report back to management on who had completed the trainings and those who needed extra “incentives”
Additionally, we offered to load all the content into the LMS for her and get her system set up so that she just had to push a few buttons and launch the program. Of course, Rachel could have done it all herself because the SavvyAcademy LMS enables our clients to take full admin control. Our #1 goal is to make sure our clients get what they want out of their LMS, whether they do it themselves or they ask for our help!
In the end, Rachel did exactly as I suggested and, she said, ended up saving herself lots of time (which would have been expensive for the firm) as she also launched a successful compliance training program (also important to the firm’s bottom line). She also said the entire system cost the firm “far less” than she expected.
If you are interested in providing compliance trainings to your law firm, contact me today for a free demo of Vado and the SavvyAcademy LMS. Doug@SavvyTraining.com, 303-800-5408