Did you know that Savvy offers a virtual help desk (VHD)? You didn’t?! Well, we do. And it’s the bomb-diggety for many reasons. But before I go bragging on myself, I’ll let someone else do it for me. (I sound like Bette Midler in Beaches.)
Beth Brooks is a Legal Assistant at Glast, Phillips & Murray, P.C. and we asked her about her experience with the Savvy VHD. She had this to say:
“Whenever I have a question in Word, I shoot an e-mail to Terry at Savvy. She usually responds within 5 minutes with my answer, and the steps to get the answer that she sent me. It is very reassuring to know that I can shoot an e-mail to someone who knows the answer to ALL of my questions whether it be in Word, Excel, etc. Especially when you need an answer pronto. I would absolutely recommend Savvy. They are the 1st place I go with a question on “how to do” something on a computer program.”
Glast, Phillips & Murray first started using the Savvy virtual help desk on a pay-as-you-go basis in 2009. Then, in 2014, they switched to purchasing blocks of time, which is cheaper in the long run. Throughout, their staff and attorneys have leaned on Savvy for help and received prompt, helpful service. We even “teach them to fish” when they have time, so that they can resolve their own issues in the future.
Here’s how the Savvy Virtual Help Desk works:
- Email initiation: Help is initiated by email and routed to the appropriate application expert at Savvy Training.
- Screen share: We have the option to screen share with the user’s computer to see their issues first-hand.
- Speedy response: A Savvy expert responds to most inquiries within 10 minutes and resolves most within 20 minutes.
- Reasonable fee structure: The client is charged in 10-minute increments.
- Discounted billing options: Clients who purchase pre-paid blocks of time receive a discount.
- Extended hours: We are open between 9am and 8pm Mountain Standard Time.
- Learn from your calls: Using the VHD tickets from your firm, we can help you to identify areas where targeted training would save you money.
Here are a few recent examples of calls we handled:
- A legal assistant was unable to update a table of contents without including all run-in headings. Because she was in a hurry, the Savvy VHD associate reformatted the document for her by adding style separators. The ticket was resolved within 20 minutes.
- A legal assistant reported a potentially corrupt document due to several large gaps throughout the file. The VHD associate identified several causes for the gaps and was able to return a corrected file within 10 minutes.
- An attorney received a file from outside the firm and worked for several hours on it. After saving and closing, he was unable to reopen the document. The Savvy VHD associate was able to retrieve the text, but not the formatting, and assisted by stabilizing, restyling and reformatting the entire document. This ticket was resolved within two hours.
If your IT department has too much on its plate, or your staff simply needs more support, contact me today about the Savvy Virtual Help Desk! Doug@SavvyTraining.com, 303-800-5408.