Paranoia WON’T Destroy Ya! (Forgive my 80s riff, but if you want to hear that awesome Kinks song, check it out here). We’ve all seen the awful news about law firm hacks. They’re happening everywhere, all the time, despite the firms’ best efforts to block and protect themselves.
Ripped from the headlines…
- Cravath Admits Breach as Law Firm Hacks Go Public
- Cyber criminals ‘hacked law firms’
- Panama law firm says data hack was external, files complaint
I’m sure that more than a few law firm executives lost some sleep over these headlines. Suddenly, we were all imagining what it would be like to call our favorite clients – people who may have become our friends! – to tell them that all of their sensitive files had been stolen by people who probably have malicious intentions.
It’s truly a nightmare.
So, how are you protecting your firm? If your mind immediately spirals to firewalls, encryption, passwords and other safety nets, you may be missing the most vulnerable spot in your firm’s security systems.
Every law firm has one weak spot leaving a gaping hole in its security system: its people.
Hackers infiltrate your firm through this weak spot with phishing scams. Imagine that one of your new associates gets an email promising a free pizza from Pizza Hut. All he has to do is click a button. I can see it now, in slow motion, like a Hollywood movie: that associate’s hand on the mouse slowly moves toward the “redeem coupon” button as the audience is screaming, “Don’t do it! Don’t do it!” As soon as he clicks, your firm is wide open.
It’s time to teach your people to be paranoid about the emails they receive.
As a partner with KnowBe4, the world’s most popular integrated Security Awareness Training and Simulated Phishing platform, I can help you launch a phishing campaign that includes the following:
- Unlimited phishing tests
- A huge library of template bogus emails just like the ones hackers use (ie. coupons from Pizza Hut, UPS delivery notices, even notes that look like they came from your HR office)
- Reportable results down to individual users, which allows you to track ongoing improvements as well as the types of emails that get the most clicks
- Online trainings to build awareness of phishing schemes
- Ability to track people to take online trainings associated with phishing education
If you’d like to chat further about protecting your firm from phishing scams, don’t hesitate to call me or email me at: 303-800-5408 or Doug@savvytraining.com.
ABOUT SAVVY TRAINING AND CONSULTING
Savvy Training & Consulting works with leading companies and technologies to deliver the most up-to-date training solutions and curricula to law firms. Savvy recently unveiled an award-winning Learning Management System (LMS) for law firms, SavvyAcademyTM, which delivers scalable training capabilities, reportable data down to the individual user and 24/7 support, all for a fraction of the cost of traditional LMS services.