Mitchell, Williams, Selig, Gates & Woodyard, P.L.L.C. is a busy firm with one trainer who is tasked with training current staff and new hires simultaneously. They sought a learning management system (LMS) that would enable employees to take classes at their desk, attain certifications in various skills, and also allow the trainer to monitor progress on a staff-by-staff basis and award prizes as incentives for course completion.
They chose SavvyAcademy LMS. Using the robust (yet affordable) LMS, Trainer Linda Jones reports that she has been able to manage all of the firm’s training needs. She explained the following:
- We use the LMS modules with current assistants, paralegals, floating assistants and paralegal support professionals to improve their skills. They like that they can work at their own pace within their available timeframe.
- For new hire orientation, we start new people on the courses prior to their beginning actual work for the firm to improve their skills for their positions and to familiarize them with procedures and specific programs we use. Having the LMS available allows part of the new staff to work with the LMS while I train other new people.
- Our staff confirms completion of courses by sending me copies of their certificates. I verify completion by matching the certificates to my records created from the LMS daily report and then process incentives for completed courses.
- I created Billing Procedures modules and published them to the LMS with Savvy’s help and guidance. Now everyone receives the same procedural information to help our billing process work smoothly.
- If a person is having trouble with specific modules, I can help them individually by reviewing the modules with them and relating the curriculum provided by Savvy to our actual use of it. The way the courses are designed provides an easy way to work one on one with people.
- Utilizing the LMS Daily Report helps me keep track of progress and to remain aware of when a program is completed or if someone is having trouble completing a module.
Jones adds that the LMS has also been well-received by staff and attorneys at the firm.
“Staff have been very complimentary about the courses. Comments have ranged from, ‘I’ve learned so much’ to ‘This was fun!’ to ‘I know the programs very well, but I even learned something new.’”
Finally, Jones says, “I would recommend SavvyAcademy LMS to firms wanting to provide educational opportunities for improvement of the skills of their staff and attorneys, thus providing better service to clients. Savvy’s quick response to questions and issues helps keep us from wasting valuable time. Their willingness to update and improve the LMS is a daily task they provide and there is continuous communication between Savvy and LMS administrators. The LMS is easy to use and very informative. Doug Striker and Terry Aurit are easy to work with and prompt with their help.”